Chocolate & Banana Brownies
These brownies gain depth through the addition of bananas. Try out this recipe, to liven up your traditional chocolate and peanut brownies recipes.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1-1/2 sticks) , cut into small pieces
- 1-1/2 bars CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate Bar (3.5 oz. each) , broken into pieces
- 3/4 cup plus 1 all-purpose flour tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium bananas ripe , mashed
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- 2. Heat brown sugar, butter and chocolate in bowl over pan of simmering water until chocolate and butter are melted. Remove from heat; mix well to combine melted ingredients.
- 3. Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into large bowl. Add chocolate mixture, eggs and banana, stirring well to combine. Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- 4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until just firm in the center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.
- Recipe adapted from UK CADBURY site and used with their permission.