Double Chocolate Muffins
These muffins are for true chocolate lovers. Chunks of CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate are strewn throughout these decadent muffins in this delicious recipe.
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1-1/4 cups plus self rising flour 3 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- One half (3.5 oz. bar) CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate Bar , coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup muscavado sugar or dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter , melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- One half (3.5 oz. bar) CADBURY ROYAL DARK Chocolate Bar , melted
- 1. Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper or foil baking cups.
- 2. Stir together flour, cocoa and baking powder in large bowl. Stir in chopped milk chocolate and sugar.
- 3. Beat eggs with melted butter, yogurt and melted chocolate in medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. (Over mixing will cause muffins to become tough.) Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- 4. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until risen and firm. Cool slightly; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool. Makes 12 muffins.
- Tip: Delicious if eaten slightly warm. Recipe adapted from UK CADBURY site and used with permission.