Jammy Chocolate Muffins
Surprise your guests with this chocolate muffin recipe that tucks away a spoonful of jam in the center. Sweet jam and rich chocolate make the perfect pair!
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 1 Hr. 5 Minutes
- 1-1/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons self rising flour
- 3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- One half (3.5 oz. bar) CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate Bar , coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or super-fine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam or raspberry jam
- 1. Heat oven to 400° F. Line 12 muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper or foil baking cups.
- 2. Stir together flour, cocoa and baking powder in large bowl. Stir in chopped chocolate and sugar.
- 3. Beat together eggs, yogurt and butter in medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. (Over mixing will cause the muffins to become tough.)
- 4. Fill prepared muffin cups half full. Place about 1 teaspoon jam in each cup. Top each cup with additional batter , evenly dividing batter and covering jam.
- 5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until risen and firm. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 12 muffins.
- Tip: Seedless raspberry jam makes great oozy red center for Halloween or black cherry jam for a black forest muffin.
- Recipe adapted from UK CADBURY site and used with permission.